Development and Testing for the StratoShield
The StratoShield really didn't need a lot of revision as we had our design pretty well nailed down before Kickstarter, we did take another look at it and decided to increase it's usable width slightly, helping users have even more diagonal space.
Development and Testing for the StratosFly
The StratosFly is where we ended up spending half of our time. Though we had dialed this product in very nicely prior to Kickstarter, there were certain things that bugged me about it and I just couldn't let them go. So we dove in - with the intention of improving it's fabric efficiency and increasing protected space. We made over 15 prototypes of the Fly in 8 short days. It was taxing, but we got it perfect!
At this point I knew we had to also make changes to the Closure Sleeves, as I wasn't happy with the loose fabric in that area. We tried so many revisions on this and ultimately we went with a completely new design that looks and performs even better than our original design.
The challenge here was to be able to adapt to an infinite number of hammock sizes, set up distances, and set up heights - no small feat when trying to stay super lightweight and maintain maximum protection but that's hammock camping for you!
On these long trips I have to give praise where praise is due. Without the support, encouragement, and strength of my beautiful wife - none of this would be possible. She's awesome and incredibly gracious, she was most forgiving towards my absence on Valentines Day, fortunately my boys picked up my slack!
I hope this update is helpful in understanding where we are and what has been accomplished to this point. I apologize for the delay in presenting this info and also for the unforeseen delay we will experience in receiving the Stratos products. I assure you we are working tirelessly to bring these products to fruition and greatly covet your patience in this! Thank you - you are amazing - and without you, none of this would be possible!